Monday, May 28, 2012

Heythrop College ranked no.2 in Push University Guide

Contact Us
Heythrop College University of London is ranked no.2 in the Push university guide (the top English university). Push (www.push.co.uk) is the leading independent guide to UK universities, student life, gap years, open days and student finance. Universities are assessed on the basis of five factors: finance; job prospects; academic standards; ease of entry and demand; and the level and range of extra-curricular activities and support.


If you are considering a BA in philosophy, get in touch. I am tutor for admissions. think AT royalinstitutephilosophy.org

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the jobs prospect of Heythrop graduates score of 1,000 seems dubious.

Poetry Pleases! said...

Dear Stephen

I read Philosophy and Russian at University College, Oxford and have recently become a big fan of your work. Your 'evil god' challenge reminds me of a poem I once wrote:

ARGUMENT FROM DESPAIR

Would a loving God
Create a world like this?
My friend, you have got
To be taking the piss!

Best wishes from Simon R. Gladdish

Stephen Law said...

Many thanks Simon - I might use that on occasion, if that's ok with you... very pithy.

Poetry Pleases! said...

Dear Stephen

Be my guest! I would love you to use it.

Best wishes from Simon

Poetry Pleases! said...

Dear Stephen

I've just thought of another of my poems which might amuse you:

SUN, EARTH, MOON, MAN

The sun is a bell
Ringing out light.
Earth is a hell -
Tasteless and trite.

The moon's a balloon
Bobbing in space
And man is an ape
With a smirk on his face.

Best wishes from Simon R. Gladdish

Poetry Pleases! said...

Dear Stephen

Just for the akashic record, my three favourite contemporary philosophers are (in no particular order): you, Ray Monk and Julian Baggini.

Best wishes from Simon

P.S. I've clicked most of your 'liked' buttons on Amazon.