Monday, September 12, 2011

Sally Morgan reported as covertly receiving information on stage

FROM THE RTE RADIO ONE WEBSITE, TODAY

Monday 12th September 2011

Listen Back


"Sue went to see psychic Sally Morgan last night in the Grand Canal Theatre. She was great in the first half but during the second half Sue began to hear somebody talking loudly at the back of where she was sitting. She thought it was somebody heckling but she soon realised that everything he said Sally was repeating on stage. He would say a name like David and she would repeat it onstage. Other callers who were also at the show tell of similar experiences."

Can be heard this week on listen back here (you need realplayer). Scroll down to "Liveline podcast- Psychic".

My thanks to anonymous.

£40 a ticket. "There were people there that were really grieving". Confirms my earlier suspicions. Here's a video of her doing her highly lucrative thing a while ago.

8 comments:

tina bowyer said...

When me and my mom saw her last year there is no way she would have known what she told my mom she is amazing in our eyes

Anonymous said...

She is too fat to fit on the video screen.

bail bonds las vegas said...

I would imagine that most of the psychics have to have some sort of "edge" or deceptive technique to employ....or they're out of a job really fast.

Adzcliff said...

Brilliant! I watched the video clip first, and assumed that I was watching a cherry-picked episode of lucky cold-reading (i.e. a 'Luke' that's initially met with a pause, becomes an audience member's daughter's boyfriend's friend - and is being looked after by the audience member's Dad?? Hasn't he got his own deceased relatives?). But then she did plump for a 'young' Luke, and the reading didn't need to stray elsewhere in the auditorium (which was always an option if need be). Hot reading makes much more sense now, but I guess you always assume that such blatant fraud is too much for the majority of psychics and their staff? Perhaps I'm being naive...

Stephen Law said...

I am not sure about the clip - whether it's hot or cold or bit of both. But I have long suspected Morgan uses hot reading and other research pretty extensively (see me other posts on her). If she does, that of course places her firmly in the deliberate fraud category. In which case my contempt for her would be considerable - charging £40 a pop to manipulate and deceive grieving relatives.

Stephen Law said...

I imagine Morgan would justify her act by saying it makes people happy, comforts them, etc. So everyone benefits. Nothing so very wrong with that...

Adzcliff said...

Thanks for that Stephen.

Perhaps she'd also have no problem with me charging £40 a pop at selling my left over ('magic') vegetable soup to my gran as a treatment for her arthritis; or as a monthly rate for the title of 'friend' to my learning disabled neighbour; or as a discounted rate for decorating a blind man's house (the original blue, is now a lovely modern shade of red - honest!). I find it amazing that fraudulent psychics would probably find the above abhorrent - even though everyone benefits - but are fine with telling the bereaved that the voice in the head is their dead relative, rather than their colleague.

Anyway...

middleagedboy said...

My take on this episode: http://middleagedboy.wordpress.com/2011/09/14/why-i-dont-think-sally-morgan-hears-voices/