Chris Hallquist's book

I have been reading Chris Hallquist's UFOs, Ghosts and a Rising God, and I must say that, while I initially approached it with caution (I guess because the title makes it sound like it belongs on the shelves of a New Age bookstore), it is very well researched and written. The arguments are very strong. And entertaining, I should add. It's a discussion of the testimony-based evidence for the resurrection in light of what we know about other cults, testimony made about ghosts, alien abduction and so on.
No doubt many Biblical scholars would consider a close look at claims about ghosts and UFOs to be beneath them; but, actually, these are precisely the sort of claims they need to know more about if they are to have a genuinely balanced view of the historical evidence for the resurrection.

Comments

"I initially approached it with caution (I guess because the title makes it sound like it belongs on the shelves of a New Age bookstore)"

Funny story: the host of a new-age radio show called me about possibly appearing on her show. She lost interest when I explained what the book was actually about.

But thanks for the mention, Stephen.